pendant, taoist amulet, pixiu, long obsidian ice life.
Before going into the details of this piece, we would like to warn our readers against the numerous counterfeits of the molded glass obsidian. Obsidian being a natural volcanic vitrification, it is easy to counterfeit this material. Only a detailed examination with the eye, the magnifying glass and the microscope can unravel the true from the false. As obsidian ice is relatively rare, a very low price should alert the future purchaser. Extraction on the production site, transport, pruning, trading, all at once. We carefully examine our obsidians to ensure their authenticity to our customers.
We are able to provide a certificate of authenticity on request.
- Obsidian is a natural glass, it is produced during a silica-rich lava emission containing very little water (-3%). When it leaves the volcano, it undergoes a very rapid cooling that freezes the crystallization mechanisms. "It's like a piece of lava frozen as it emerges from the volcano."
- Obsidian forms so quickly that atoms are unable to organize into crystalstructures. The result is a volcanic glass with a smooth, uniform texture. Due to the lack of crystalline structure, the obsidian has sharp stops and extremely fine blades.
- It is a natural mineral material that has a composition too complex to be composed of a simple mineral. However, obsidian consists mainly of SiO2 (silicon dioxide), usually 70% or more.
- Its fracture is clearly conchoidal and its hardness on the Mohs scale is between 7 and 7.5 (it scratches the glass).
- Black is the most common obsidian color. However, it can also be brown or green. Rarely, obsidian can be blue, red, orange or yellow.
-The color difference appears due to changes in impurities and the oxidation state of chemical elements.
- It is a dark colored stone, due to its richness of magnesium and iron. The surface of this gemstone is made up of beautiful patterns in the form of streaks, patches, stains, inclusions or stripes of color. These various modes are created naturally at the time of the formation of the stone.
- Sometimes two obsidian colors blend together into a single specimen. The most common colour combination is black and brown, known as the mahogany Obsidian.
- Obsidian may also have an iridescent or metallic appearance caused by the luminous reflection of tiny inclusions of mineral crystals, rock debris or gas. These specimens are highly coveted for jewelry making.
A celestial guardian, tasked with preventing the intrusion of demons and evil spirits, Pixiu (or Pi Yao) fiercely protects his master. considered one of the dragon's nine sons, it is often used as a protective amulet. The pi xiu is of noble extraction, it feeds on precious stones and metal that give it a certain nobility of character. The animal is short on legs and a little ventru. It is because, for having relieved himself in the gardens of the Jade Emperor, he was punished by the latter who, with a misplaced kick, sealed his anus. And since then tints in the belly of the wonderful monster all the gold, all the silver and all the jewels that he swallows with good appetite. He acquired a new virtue in the eyes of men: that of attracting good fortune. It is very frequently seen protecting houses, temples and any significant decline.
Along with the Kirin and the Lion, Pixiu is part of the trilogy of great protective animals.
Everything about our activities and mining fairs where we exhibit.
1-8 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.